Last time I explained why I decided to blog one of my novels. I have several in the works, but decided to have some fun and blog one and see how it goes. You can visit it here www.heirforcenovel.wordpress.com.
So what have I learned about blogging a book?
- It’s a lot of fun! I enjoy finding where to break up chapters into scenes, what to title them and for some posts, finding a photo that fits.
- It keeps me accountable. I have readers who want to know where the story is going and what is happening next. They are waiting for the next installment, so I need to keep working on it.
What would I do differently?
- Maybe wait until I had more of the story written (a lot of it was, but not completely) and then take more time to post photos at the beginning.
- Take time to visit my readers and comment more on their blogs.
- Find writing type blogs to guest post for to gain additional readers.
- Be more consistent with the days and times to post and not skip days to work on the story.
Would I do it again?
- Provided I did the things mentioned above, yes! I have enjoyed seeing the blog grow and writing Kate and Spencer’s story.
I have heard from the reader’s perspective, from a few readers who have been following from the beginning, that it is a little slow. I think mostly that’s from the short posts and the constant starting and stopping which is different from reading a printed book. (I don’t think they meant the story itself was slow :))
I also started the blog scared. I didn’t know exactly what I was doing, but I felt I needed to stretch my wings and get something ‘out there’. Without trying this blog, I’m not sure if Kate and Spencer’s story would ever see the light of day or get finished. This was definitely one way to get ‘er done’!
And by the way, I now have 2 more followers 🙂 Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Have you ever read other novel blogs? Do you enjoy them? Are you writing a novel of your own? I’d love to hear if so. Share in the comments.